Our mission at Providence Christian Academy is to provide a
Christ-centered, covenant-based Christian school committed to assisting parents in their God-given responsibility to rear their children” in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Implementing Our Mission
To implement our mission, we strive to serve Christian parents and their children by providing a high-quality, biblically-based educational and instructional program marked by academic excellence, respect for the individual, and personal service. Believing that Christian education is an essential part of the larger process of Christian discipleship, the faculty and staff of Providence Christian Academy are committed to:
- Equipping our students with the tools of learning, empowering them in their pursuit of the knowledge of God and His creation;
- Training our students to employ the tools of learning as part of a commitment to become lifelong learners;
- Supporting our students in identifying and developing their unique, God-given skills and abilities;
- Providing an intellectual framework designed to help our students learn to apply their Christian faith to the world around them;
- Reinforcing the truth that Christian students are citizens of both a heavenly and an earthly kingdom, with a kingdom responsibility to engage the culture for Christ;
- Promoting standards of excellence and exhorting our students to honor God by striving for their highest and best;
- Building and strengthening Christian character in our students, exhorting them in the pursuit of godliness;
- Mentoring and being an advocate for our students, assiting them as they seek to know and do the will of God for their lives; and
- Praying for our students, so that they might become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, who seek to serve and glorify their Savior and King.
Our Core Values
The core values of a Covenant-Christian school are its distinguishing characteristic. Sadly, in our day, the values of secular schools are too often diametrically opposed to the values of Christian parents and students. The core values of Providence Christan Academy can be expressed as follows:
1. A Dependence on the Providence of God
Providence Christian Academy acknowledges its complete dependence upon the providence of God. Jesus taught that, apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5). Yet, we take courage and confidence from the promise that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13).
2. A Firm Reliance Upon the Holy Spirit
Prior to His ascension, Jesus Christ promised that He would send the Spirit of Truth who would be our guide into all truth (John16:13). Providence Christian Academy acknowledges our reliance upon the Holy Spirit to accomplish his will in the lives of our students, parents, faculty, and staff.
3. The Glory of Christ as Our End and Aim
The purpose of education is to enable us to know and glorify God. Providence Christian Academy prayerfully seeks to glorify Christ in all that we do and to set that example before out students, exhorting them to do likewise.
4. Biblical Fidelity
All truth is Gods truth. Therefore, the curricula and learning resources used at Providence Christian Academy are carefully selected from those that support, and are based upon, Gods revelation of Himself in His written Word.
5. A Commitment to Excellence
Providence Christian Academy strives for excellence in all things and all things to Gods glory. This is reflected in our faculty and staff, as well as in our curricula and programs.
6. A Sacred Trust
Providence Christian Academy recognizes that Christian parents entrust their beloved children to us with the expectation that their children will grow in knowledge and grace and progress in their education and training in a safe learning environment.